Sunday 6 February 2011

25 Nov '10: Xmas Fayre

A good day for communicating with friends!!!

Mam, Grandma, cousin Robert's Dad, Grandma and Grandad all braved the first big snow to come to college for some tasty Christmas snack and to buy or win things made by us or donated by our families.

Because Mam was there to help me use my Pathfinder I was able to talk to my friends.

We had a long chat with Lauren and her family and planned to start visiting each other at home. Lauren is new in class this year. She signs with me at college and is my lunch buddy. Lauren had been trying to find me online since September when she missed my 21st.

I talked to Dale about computer games. We found out he lives in the same village as me and likes the same games as me! We will get in touch with hs family about us visiting.

Hazel told Mam she has been my best friend since last year. We see each other at home now too! I have been wanting this to happen for over a year.

I wish there was someone to help me use my Pathfinder at college...

We have been trying to find a suitable date for them to have some training since last May, but every date offered up to December was not suitable for them.

Really, all they need is one of our Core Words Language Mates on the wall, and on the Smartboard with speech output, to teach them which 300 words are the nuts and bolts of language, facilitating 80% of all communication anywhere with anyone about anything.

But my tutor says that students with learning disabilities cannot look at more than five words at a time or they get confused!

My Mam or brother would come in and help.

Meanwhile I watch and listen to everyone else talking.

No comments: