Saturday 30 July 2011

11 Feb: LD Parliament?

Today was to be my second talk of 2011 at the Learning Disability Parliament. It was to be about using the law to fight the cuts, how personalisation has gone wrong for me in County Durham, everything I have done to help them know me, my needs and wishes, and then open the floor to everyone to share their experiences and talk about how we might campaign for our rights.

MP's from all localities decided before Christmas that this was really important to us all and we talked about making a documentary, having a video booth, putting things on the Internet or making a newsletter.

Our monthly meetings at Durham are the only chance we get to all be together and discuss our issues.

BUT, like in January, some organisations needed to gather information from service users and they took over the meeting.

No comments: