Monday 20 February 2012

Wed 8 Feb: Pixons, Cued Speech

Pixon Kit arrived from Liberator today. £21 instead of £99 to celebrate their 21st birthday. It comes with 6 CDs of printables and a manual of lesson plans to teach teachers how to facilitate language. The carry case is luggage material with clear plastic windows.


The Kit only has 200 words in it because it has a symbol for each word. Without symbols it can hold 500+ words and Terry is rearranging the 500 words I helped her colour-code and type A4 portrait 5 years ago to make them fit the Pixon pockets - and each new word group fits perfectly over the Pixon groups!





Cued Speech makes spoken language visible. Using just 8 hand shapes in 4 positions there is  a sign for each of the 44 sounds that all words are made of.  

I have invited my classmates, teachers, LSA’s, family and PA’s to Cued Speech training at my house Monday 27 February at 10 am. I hope someone from college will come and learn with me as I have hearing loss and cueing will make sure I do 'hear' what everyone says.


Screenshot from Cued Speech E-Learning site:

No comments: