Monday 24 October 2011

5 Oct: CAD/CAM - Z

Mam asked college if they could find me something more to do than just 'making toast' - that is what she calls my Life Skills course. Richard found a computer aided manufacture lesson and our whole class will be printing our own designs on a T Shirt or mug soon. Richard asked Mam to help me choose a design. We talked about whether it would be words or a picture, whether I wanted to do something new or use pictures I already have. I decided to make a collage of the things I love most - me as the Hoover Z vacuum cleaner with my Pathfinder communication aid for its foot, a pylon, and the beige angel from my friend Stephanie's black jumper. Z's headlights are Christmas lights.






Mam animated Z in her 3D class at Bishop Auckland College, 2005. Janitor Rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnQ1x7bawIs

I replicated Terry’s PowerPoint version of Z ready to animate him in Flash and Keynote.
 
A cardboard cut-out of Z stars in our stop motion animation The Language Stealers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vib2__BDCXc

I am really looking forward to making my CAD/CAM T Shirt!

No comments: