Wednesday 22 October 2008

15 Oct: LDP: Sedgefield Locality

Sedgefield Locality meeting of the Learning Disabilities Parliament.

I showed some slides I made to introduce everyone to the CRPD (United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilites). On the slides:

1. Some text copied from the Rehabilitaion International PowerPoint about the CRPD, and
2. Articles 21 & 24 of the Convention.

I used a free text-reader programme called ReadPlease to read out all the words on the slides. All I had to do was copy and paste the text from PowerPoint into ReadPlease and press Play.

Before this we had to work for hours storing everything on my communication aid in advance.

We are going to work on making CRPD information accessible for everyone to understand and discuss by the next meeting.

No comments: